Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Embracing a Positive Spirit



How we start our day can set the tone for how we end the day. If we start with a positive and upbeat attitude it can really put energy around all the activities you have scheduled. I know that today, I am busy doing things I would prefer NOT to do, but they are part of my job. Smiling and thinking fun thoughts about the day can truly make me survive those parts of my day that I would love to delegate to someone else.

Today, I was fortunate enough to have someone send me this really fun photo of the "Gazillion Bubble Man." It really made me smile and feel relaxed. In fact, it gave me the idea for today's blog post. I felt what an image to be surrounded by all those spinning, floating bubbles. So, I used this imagery to burst the bubbles of negative thoughts about my day and embraced a positive, and playful spirit. It really turned my mood and energy around.

Action: Try this later today or tomorrow. See how you feel if you think fun and energetic thoughts before you start your day or afternoon. Does it change how you feel about the work you are doing? Then compare these feelings and purposefully think negative dreary thoughts and see how it makes you feel? If you are like me you will certainly want to embrace more positive and energetic thoughts to each day.


Until,

Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: