Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wednesday's Surprise

Midweek and where am I? Struggling with a cold and a list of details that need to be accomplished. Other people depending on me. I feel the pressure. Plus, I have the start of a cold. I am feeling that sensation of having fever, scratchy throat and runny nose. I would love to just lie down. Do I!!

YES! It is senseless to push myself forward when my body is saying HEY~ take care! Many times before I have barreled on through a cold or flu just to make things worse and the cold/flu lasts even longer because I didn't heed my bodies warning.

So, I encourage you ALL!! Listen to your body. Stop and really pay attention. Not just when you having cold symptoms but all the time! Your body will amaze you with the signals it is sending. Such as Hey, I am full - stop eating or Hey, I am so sleepy go to bed. Or I am hungry. Our bodies have tons of information if we would just start to learn the messages.

So, take some time today and see what your body is telling you. I am taking some cold medicine and taking a nap.

Until tomorrow,

Mary Catherine
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: