Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Fast Lane


Today was all about keeping my wits about me. First, I overslept. UGH!! yes, it felt awful but instead of moaning and groaning in my head about the issue, I made the decision to just embrace it and see what I could do for damage control.



All that thinking and writing on the blog about calmness had certainly paid off. I immediately made a few phone calls, rescheduled a couple of appointments and delegated a critical "to do" that had a deadline for the afternoon.


It felt good!! Normally, I would have carried the feelings of "how could I have overslept" for the entire day. This time, I made changes to embrace the unexpected problem in my schedule.



WOW!! I was able to preserve my afternoon meeting and save money by taking the train. It felt great.

Can you think about the last time you had a unexpected change in your schedule? How did you manage? What could you do differently? I know for me, the two things I did that were different, were: 1) I asked others to help me and 2) I asked people to reschedule some items. What a difference that made for the remainder of the day.


So, please share some of the ideas you have about how to manage unexpected changes in your schedule..

Mary Catherine George


LifeChoices Coach

No comments: