Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Focus



Keeping our thoughts, projects and energy focused is a talent. It is so easy to get side tracked by family, friends and beautiful weather. Knowing what we want in a certain area or goal is very helpful and keeping the end in sight can be extremely useful when planning your daily tasks.
This week, I have been totally unavailable to the things I love. One, blogging here became a task that literally I couldn't get to. I had two grants due this week and literally it was impossible to take the 30 minutes to and hour that I take each day to blog. I just embraced this issue and continued to get what needed my immediate attention done. Secondly, my goals of increasing coaching clients and other projects that are important to me in my life.. NO TIME... The work that I do and my relationships took all my time this week.

I had no personal time to focus on me. I really do not like it when several days go without me having some downtime that is all mine. Yes, I did what was essential, but those activities that feed my spirit were totally put to the side. Having that happen for several days just makes me crazy and reminds me that it is up to me to have that sacred time that is mine. No matter what!

I didn't honor that commitment to myself and see what happened. The focus on those activities that are important to me became distorted. The only things that I could see were the goals that other people were clamoring for me to address. Sigh! I cannot let this become routine. So, I am here today - Saturday - despite my boyfriends wishes, focusing on me. Writing the blog and contemplating the activities that are of importance to me.
IT FEELS GOOD!! Yes, there are somethings that are screaming for my attention but they will have to wait. I come first and what I need to focus on is the most important thing that needs attention right now.
So, what happens when you get pulled in directions that are not your primary goals. Do you allow yourself to get off track or do you take some time and center yourself to focus back on what is important?

Please share with how you deal with the interruptions of schedules, relationship and right now the beautiful weather that is teasing me at the window..

Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: