Monday, July 9, 2007

Seeing behind the Door


Vision. How so we create a vision for our life? Sometimes I feel like I am standing at a beautiful door waiting for it to open and show me what direction to aim towards. I cannot see behind it and I am certain I will be surprised by what is there.
Now, I know this is not a vision for my life. Perhaps, it is mystery but clearly I am not conjuring up a visualization that feels tangible. How can I expect that I am going to know what direction I need to head if I have no idea which road to take.
There are quite a number of supportive articles, documents and movies ("The Secret") that all support creating a vision. Seeing where you would like to go. This is not easy. I know that John Assaraf one of authors of The Secret developed this vision board. Making what we want from our life a tangible vision is extremely helpful.
I am longing to embrace this concrete action of creating a vision board. Filling it will something that is physically in my field of vision for most of the day. The theory is that by consistently seeing this vision is will move me at a molecular level physically and mentally to attract those actions or things that I have within my vision. I am curious about this and truly want to experiment. So this week, I will embark on creating a vision board or section of my wall that is easily seen for almost all of my day. I am excited about doing this and certainly helps me with my comfort zone. I am never really comfortable acknowledging what I want from life. Perhaps this activity will bridge that gap.
So, join me in this activity if you like. I will check in on Friday to share how things are going. Please do share how you contemplate the vision for your life and keep it present and active.
Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: