Sunday, July 8, 2007

Motivation Part 2


I have come to the end of my day and I just had to sign on to share additional feelings and thoughts about being motivated. I began this weekend entirely discouraged and just down about everything I am doing.

I learned that I can do two things. I can get up and just start something and somehow that changes my thinking or I can choose to think differently. Guess what? The second choice is much more difficult. Changing my thinking once I have allowed that negative energy to invade my mind is very hard to do.
If I can prevent my thoughts from getting started in the negative then I can turn them around and frame the work or my ideas in a positive light. Again, my choice. It is a struggle to frame things positively. For some reason it is much easier to complain or look on the dark side of things. It takes effort to think positive and habit to have my thoughts pointed towards how issues or work can be positive despite how they feel. Looking on the bright side of life takes effort, but great benefit can be had with this effort.
So, just a final thought for the day, if you are feeling a lack of motivation to get started, know that just be taking any action whatsoever the momentum can kick start your motivation. Also, catching those negative thoughts before they have taken root in your brain can definitely lead to finding motivation to get in gear.

We all need help with things become challenging. So, share how you find motivation when you are struggling to work on your project.

Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: