Sunday, July 1, 2007

Hard Decisions



How to make hard decisions. Do I go right where there is potential money and job satisfaction, do I go left where there is tremendous job potential, the money is unknown or do I go straight ahead where I know that I will have money, security but the job is not quite what is desired.


How do we deal with this puzzle? Many of us are pouring energy into many directions, but a time comes when we when we must make a decision to focus our energy so that we can push through and achieve a semblance of what we desire for our life.
I recently celebrated a birthday. It isn't easy getting older, but the one thing I have become painfully aware of how critical the issue of time becomes. Time is limited. There is only so much time available to each of us. Time during the day that is already dedicated to just the necessary routines of taking care of myself, earning a living and having social life. At some point as you pursue your passion.. the decision has to be made. What direction must I go towards?
I am considering going to school in the fall. This immediately brings up these issues. How do I now adjust my schedule to allow me to pursue this goal. I will need to change something or I will not achieve what I want during this educational program. What to do? Take time away from my job where I earn a decent income, decrease my clients in coaching - Never, I love working with people and their goals. So, what needs to give?
I am sure that you too have had this type of a decision and perhaps you just closed your eyes and picked a choice or you just let time and your environment choose for you. Often that is the case. When we have hard decisions we don't do anything and sudden the decision is made for us. Not a great scenario.

I suggest some proactive visualization. You know they say you are what you believe. So, I am putting it out there. I want to maintain my income level but I want to be involved in the work I enjoy. I am making every effort to look for opportunities now that will be in line with this concept. I am using my creative mind to see myself having a schedule that consists of working with clients, doing some research (perhaps a good deal less than I do now), and having, a three how daily block for school.
Okay, so let's see what happens. I will report back to share if this visualization process worked. Please share how you make those tough decision between money and personal passion? A challenge indeed. I will share the outcome of my visualization probable in about 6 weeks.
Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.