Friday, June 22, 2007

Always a New Day


Thank goodness there is always a new day. Some days just don't go the way you have planned. The ability to let it go, take a deep breath and accept that tomorrow is around the corner is a wonderful tool.

Today was that kind of day. Everything that I had on the list was interrupted by things that required my attention. Sometimes that just happens. I recognized this early in the day and just allowed myself to agree that I would at least accomplish one thing, inform others that we would have to wait on some additional items, took a deep breath and moved on.

It is in these moments that holding on to the discomfort that is being created is just not worth the effort. I find that these are the times that I just smile and embrace my humanity. I look for every way to smile and reach out to others. Accepting sometimes what a day brings is empowering. It is amazing how once I accept the reality of the day not really going as I planned that I feel great. Relaxed and calm, I just roll with the activities of the day. Today, I even decided to just leave early. Yes, there were so many "shoulds" that I needed to address, but in the long run these are self imposed "shoulds" and nothing will be totally wrecked because I chose to leave early.

It felt great to just chill in the beautiful weather and the wind was amazing. I knew then it was the knowledge that tomorrow is available to address some of the things that I had to leave behind today. Nothing was in crisis. I didn't have to stress because there was just no real reason.

I am not sure why this day was just one where other things took over. I believe there is a greater universe that knows where and what I need to be doing. I want to look for those opportunities of synchronicity. Perhaps, all of the disorganization of today is really an opportunity that is awaiting me. I suddenly felt excited.

Excited about what may happen in the next couple of days. Would there be an unexpected breakthrough or an opportunity that seemed far in the future will show up much sooner that I thought? Turning our thoughts to the positive is a challenge, but WOW do I feel fantastic when I exercise this ability.

Sure, it is helpful to vent. Put your timer on for 1-3 minutes and go for it. Even ask a friend or colleague to give their full attention to your rant. It actually feels great to know you have to go all out in your ranting. You might find filling 3 minutes challenging. Once the rant/vent is over, Turn your thoughts and attitude over to the positive thoughts and feelings of what could be waiting for you around the corner.

Okay until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach



No comments: