Sunday, June 17, 2007

Overwhelmed and Suffering


I want to be like this gold fish and jump into another bowl Abandon ship!! Truly, because of my inability to say no or unwillingness to train other people to do some of the jobs that I manage, I find myself overwhelmed.
This has been a chronic problem all my life. Partially, because I love doing a lot of things. I have multiple projects that I love!! Research in chronic pain, coaching, improv, singing and the list goes on and on. I struggle to maintain balance.
I am not sure why sometimes things become a tangle. Is it because I have too many projects that I love that I cannot prioritize or that sometimes I "should" make the hard decision and say NO to a project that I love being involved with. This is a task, I find nearly impossible. Of course, if I could find the ability to say NO, I wouldn't find myself overwhelmed and suffering.

Now to dig myself out. I am giving myself this evening and tomorrow to really look at all that I do and struggle with the issues of what truly are projects I love, cannot live without. I know that by doing this, I will find away to give away some of the duties that are on my plate to others and free up time for me to devote to the projects that I love.
That is the problem, I sometimes believe that if I don't participate now, I never will. This is truly faulty thinking on my part. I know that there will come a time that I can participate in projects that I love but cannot be a priority right now. If not, then the projects that I am doing that I deeply love deserve my undivided time and energy devoted to them.
Do you find yourself overwhelmed and pushing yourself to struggle through? How do you stop and recover from the situation? Please share you ideas on how to keep from being overwhelmed or to take charge.

Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: