Thursday, June 28, 2007

Opportunity


If we keep our selves open we have the ability to see the potential for opportunities are all around. I love it when favorable circumstances come together and suddenly I am meeting new people and learning new information. I am amazed at how often this happens. I always see meeting someone new or learning new information as potential.
Potential. There is potential everwhere. It is so important to flexible in the process of accomplishing our goals. Life can be surprising and suddenly you are meeting someone who can offer you help or information you didn't know about just when you least expect it. I love it when I have been working on a project and less motivated than when I began, when suddenly from left field some really useful information or some person who can be instrumental just appears. How does this happen?
Now granted, if I didn't ask questions or happen to be investigating a topic or strike up conversation with strangers, I probably wouldn't discover some of these unexpected people or information. Synchronicity. I forget where I read about this, but these meaningful coincidences that appear when I am feeling down or less inspired. Suddenly, I find myself grinning, because the fresh air that comes flowing through me when this occurs in so inspiring. I feel that everything in the world has just handed me the biggest "YES!" you are on the right track. I feel validates when these unexpected opportunities arrive.
Some people say you can invite opportunity into your life. Which I believe is true. You can think and put it out into the universe what you need or would like, or you can visualize what you need to happen. I encourage some of my clients to keep track of these wonderful coincidences. Especially, when there seems to be quite a number of them happening.
Of course, once an opportunity presents itself, it is important to run with that energy and take action. Don't let fear hold you back. In fact, when opportunities show up it should help shake any fears up that you might have. Don't forget, fear can be a powerful enemy. I felt and seen fear slam the door shut on opportunity. If you have an opportunity show up, don't think! Just start taking action. Write, call, print whatever action needs to be taken to move you or your project forward. DO IT! Do not wait and think it over or contemplate what to do. Trust your inner spontaneous self to know what the best step is and just take it.
So, what do you do when opportunity shows up and knocks on your door? How do you take action? Please share your comments. We all can benefit from the many ways that people work to attain their dreams.

Until tomorrow,
Mary Catherine George
LifeChoices Coach

No comments: